Stanwood House was built between 1900 and 1908 by Sven Thompson, who owned the General Store next door. It is a lovely example of Colonial Revival style which was popular at the time. The old building has been restored and retains the feeling of a stately home with fir floors, picture frame molding, and glass pane doors. Two adjacent buildings, designed by Dan Nelson, house a ceramic studio.

A Century Ago

 

July 4th, 2005

 

Living Room during "Architectural Elements" exhibit

 

Dining Room

 

Sunroom

Corridor